Baker Construction & Development and Mercier Architecture & Planning teamed up as contractor and architect for Goodwill’s new drive-thru donation center. This facility, which has been located just east of downtown Spokane since 1945, now operates more efficiently with the 940 square-foot drive-thru addition on the west end of the building, along with various improvements to the loading dock area.
The covered single-lane drive-thru structure helps ease traffic flow, and protects donors and employees from inclement weather. The street-level donation area is now equipped with mechanical lifts, eliminating the need for employees or donors to hoist their items manually onto the dock. Improvements were also made to the aging brick façade to freshen up the overall look of the building.